Friday, August 17, 2012

Simply Beautiful (update 9-1-2012)

The inspiration came from a Piano World thread (link1) with a simple composition exercise from a book. The idea is to write a simple melody, using a simple rhythm. I contributed to that thread, but wasn't pleased with that one.

However it did inspire to write Simply Beautiful (link2) in the key of C major, with a black key glissando. It is an easy piece to play and I enjoy playing it.

I uploaded a second version (link3), it uses the pedal to add to the echo and glissando.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Sand Tiger and anxious to hear your compositions afer dinner tonight. I am so grateful for any sharing of composition ideas from you or others in this forum. I am making notes of the various sites you have suggested to visit. Thank you, Sandra M

    ReplyDelete